Monday, February 10, 2014

Week in Photos

Wood Plans Woodworking Carpentry Download
Actually two weeks!
 
My family just left from their stay with me in CA so I thought I would share some of my instagram shots of our trips around the coast (you can find me @sarahmdorseydesigns)


early in the trip ...

Shortly after they arrived we had lunch in downtown SLO and walked past bubble gum alley - gross but kinda intriguing ...

We also stopped by the Port San Luis pier in Avila Beach where sea lions hang out on the lower pier - there were also tons of pelicans hanging out too

Later we went to the Hearst Castle, which is known for European inspired architecture ... the extravagant pool is definitely no exception!

A few miles from the Hearst Castle is elephant seal beach where there are tons of them - worth the stop!


middle of the trip ...

Driving up Route 1 to Big Sur and Monterey - looking down the coast line, the famous Bixby bridge (its actually smaller than you think it is), and the beautiful Pebble Beach

Later we went down to Santa Barbara where I discovered crush cakes ... I have a weakness for a good cupcake!


end of the trip ...

We went to San Francisco - we walked up to Lombard st. (quite a hike!) maybe we should of taken the trolley ...

The night before they left we had a nice dinner at one our favorites, Ventana grill - looking off of the patio you see an old stairway - I wonder what used to be there?

and finally one of my favorite hikes, which leads to an open cave overlooking the water ...

It was a great two weeks! Looking forward to exploring more!

TedsWoodworking Plans and Projects

No comments:

Post a Comment